Dear JIC Family,
We have good news for all students who plan to study abroad in Australia.
Starting from July 2023, the post-study visa for international students will be extended from the previous two years to four years! This means that you can live, study and work in Australia longer after you have finished your studies.
This new policy was planned since late 2022 and was officially announced in February 2023. This decision is made due to the workforce shortage in Australia. However, the extension only applies to a few sectors that experience shortages, including IT, Engineering, Psychology, Food Technology, and Pharmacy. So this policy will benefit students taking our Diploma of IT/Engineering and our MUFY Program students.
To be eligible for this extension, you will be required to:
1. Meet all eligibility criteria for the post-study work stream of the temporary graduate visa (Subclass 485), which includes:
- Being under 50 years of age
- Have applied for and been granted your first student visa on or after 5 November 2011
- Hold an eligible visa.
- Have held a student visa in the last six months.
- Have a recent degree in a CRICOS-registered course
- And many more.
2. Have one of the following apply to you:
- Holds a Temporary Graduate visa (Post-Study Work stream) on 1 July 2023, or
- Applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (Post-Study Work stream) by 1 July 2023, or
- Applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (Post-Study Work stream) after 1 July 2023.
If you want to know more about studying in Australia, feel free to contact our team or visit our campus during our workdays. We would be more than happy to help you.
Thank you, and see you in the next update
For complete news, click on the following link